Welcome to the SLHS Undergraduate Program
Taylor Hye – Undergraduate Advisor
- Log into SDSU Navigate (EAB) using your SDSUiD and password.
- Once you are signed in, click on the blue “Get Assistance” button in the top right hand corner of your screen
- You will then be asked a series of questions. You will want to be sure you answer them exactly as they are detailed below.
- “What type of appointment would you like to schedule?” – select “Advising”
- “To help find a time, please tell us why you’d like to see someone.” – select “Academic Advising”
- “Choose from the following options and click ‘Next’.” – select “Major Advising”or “Major/Minor Exploration/Change” *DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING ELSE HERE*
- “What location do you prefer?” – “CHHS: Speech, Language & Hearing”
- “Who would you like to meet with? You may choose more than one person.” – “HYE, TAYLOR”
- Once you enter in the information above you will then be taken to a calendar view where you can see my appointments for the next few weeks. Select a day that works for you and once you select a time it will bring you to the “Appointment Details Page”.
- Review the day/time of your appointment and then in the box at the bottom of the screen where it says “Is there anything specific you would like to discuss with TAYLOR”, you will want to be sure to leave your Name, Red ID, and a brief reason why you are scheduling the meeting.
- Lastly, be sure you click “confirm appointment” at the bottom right in order to secure your appointment day/time.
- After all that, you are good to go! I look forward to meeting with you this semester.
Course Planning Helpful Documents / Links
SLHS Transfer Student Success
Welcome to the School of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences in SDSU’s College of Health & Human Services! We are happy you are interested in or have completed the process of transferring to our campus and school. We are here to help you toward earning your degree and achieving professional success. Please read the information below to help you become acquainted with important services and information.
As a department, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that all transfer students attend a 1-day orientation offered during the summer prior to your first semester at SDSU. These orientations include an advising session with your undergraduate adviser, which is extremely helpful in helping to set you up for success at SDSU. Information on these orientations are typically sent out by the end of May to all newly admitted students.
New transfer students may visit the SDSU Undergraduate Academic Advising Center for assistance with General Education (G.E.) requirements. The center is located in the Student Services West Building (map), room 1551 (619-594-6668). New transfer students may begin using the Academic Advising Center the first business day after the last transfer orientation.
SLHS Undergraduate Advising
Transfer students majoring in Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences (SLHS) should work with Taylor Hye MA, CCC-SLP (email@example.com), your SLHS Undergraduate Adviser. She is located in the SLHS building, room 244 (map). Taylor sees students on a walk-in and by-appointment basis. Her office hours can be found on the SLHS website under Student Resources/advising.
Preparation for the Major
All students must complete a series of “Preparation for the Major” classes, as well as have completed 60 semester units with a GPA of 2.75 or higher. Once this is done, students will move from “pre-major” to “major” status and may begin taking upper division SLHS classes (300 and 500 level courses). It is strongly encouraged that you complete all 7 pre-major courses prior to transferring to SDSU to ensure a smooth transition into the major. Please use this SLHS Undergraduate Advising Sheet for the complete list of these courses.
We know that SLHS 106 (Introduction to Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences) is not easily available at other institutions. We have therefore created an opportunity for transfer students to complete this specific pre-requisite online prior to the fall semester of enrollment. For those transfer students who have been admitted to SDSU and have provided their Intent to Enroll in fall courses, they will receive information about how to enroll in SLHS 106 online the summer prior to beginning their fall courses. Additionally, undergraduate students enrolled in the California Community Colleges or the University of California may cross-enroll at SDSU without formal admission.
- SDSU Office of Admissions: For specific questions related to transfer student admissions please visit https://admissions.sdsu.edu.
- SDSU General Catalog: It is advised that transfer students read the SDSU General Catalog and become familiar with the Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences section. Most questions that students have are addressed in the catalog.
- WebPortal/Degree Audit Report: We also encourage students to check their WebPortal frequently. The Degree Audit Report is available through WebPortal and shows the classes students have taken, the requirements still not met, etc. The Degree Audit Report may not be available within the first month of your first semester here at SDSU. Should you need a copy sooner, please visit the Office of Advising & Evaluations.
- SDSU Transfer Admission Planner (TAP): To check if a course is considered equivalent I would recommend that you use the SDSU Transfer Admission Planner. Once you have logged into TAP’s homepage, you will click the option that reads “Search for transfer courses to meet SDSU preparation for the major and required GPA”, then select the name of the institution you have attended from the drop-down menu.