Associate Professor, Audiology
Phone: (619) 594-4177
Office: SLHS 231
Download CV (pdf)
- Ph.D. Audiology and Hearing Sciences, Northwestern University, 1999
- M.S. Audiology, Pennsylvania State University, 1991
- B.S. Communication Disorders, Pennsylvania State University, 1989
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Auditory Society
Academic and Clinical Teaching Areas
- Auditory Evoked Potentials
- Pediatric Audiology
Dr. Dreisbach’s primary research interests include the characterization of otoacoustic emissions, sounds generated by the healthy ear, using ultra-high frequency stimuli. Her research focuses specifically on the development of objective tests of ultra-high frequency hearing and frequency selectivity using both distortion-product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAEs) and stimulus frequency otoacoustic emissions (SFOAEs).
- Dreisbach, L., Long, K., and Lees, S. (2006) Repeatability of high-frequency distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAEs) in normally hearing adults. Ear and Hearing. 27: 466-479.
- Kramer, S., Dreisbach, L., Lockwood, J., Baldwin, K., Kopke, R., Scranton, S., and O’Leary, M. (2006) Efficacy of the antioxidant N-acetylcysteine (NAC) in protecting ears exposed to loud music. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology. 17: 265-278.
- Dreisbach, L., and Siegel, J. (2005) Level dependence of distortion-product otoacoustic emissions measured at high frequencies in humans. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 117: 2980-2988.
- Dreisbach, L., Leek, M., and Lentz, J. (2005) Perception of Spectral Contrast by Hearing-Impaired Listeners. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. 48: 910-921.
- Kubli, L., Leek, M., and Dreisbach, L. (2005) Acoustic Reflexes to Schroeder-Phase Harmonic Complexes in Normal-Hearing and Hearing-Impaired Individuals. Hearing Research. 202: 1-12.
- Dunckley, K., and Dreisbach, L. (2004) Gender Effects on High Frequency Distortion Product Otoacoustic Emissions in Humans. Ear and Hearing. 25: 554-564.
- Dreisbach, L., and Siegel, J. (2001) Distortion-Product Otoacoustic Emissions Measured at High Frequencies in Humans. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 110(5): 2456-2469.
- Frank, T., and Dreisbach, L. (1991) Repeatability of High-Frequency Thresholds. Ear and Hearing. 12: 294-294.