Phone: (619) 550 8951
Office: SLHS 235
Download CV (pdf)
- B.Sc. (Physics)
- Ph.D. (Audiology and Education of the Deaf)
- American Speech, Language, Hearing Association (fellow)
- American Academy of Audiology
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Auditory Society
Academic and Clinical Teaching Areas
- Advanced Hearing Aid Technology
- Psychoacoustics and Speech Perception
- Pediatric Aural Rehabilitation
Psychoacoustic consequences of sensorineural hearing loss, Sensory assistance for persons with impaired hearing, Perception of spoken language, Habilitation and rehabilitation of persons with impaired hearing.
Selected Publications (past 6 years)
- Martin, B.A., Boothroyd, A., Alli, D., and Leach-Berth, T. (2010). Stimulus presentation strategies for eliciting the acoustic change complex: increasing efficiency. Ear and Hearing, 31, 356-366.
- Boothroyd, A., Eisenberg, L., and Martinez, A. (2010). An imitative test of speech-pattern contrast perception (OlimSpac): developmental effects in normally hearing children. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 53, 531-542.
- Boothroyd, A. (2010). Adapting to changed hearing: The potential role of formal training. J Amer Acad Audiol. 21, 601-611.
- Boothroyd, A and Gatty, J. (2012). The Deaf Child in a Hearing Family: Nurturing development. Plural Publishing, San Diego.
- Martinez, A.S., Eisenberg, L.S. & Boothroyd, A. (2013). The acoustic change complex in young children with hearing loss: A preliminary study. Seminars in Hearing , 34, 278-287.
- Akeroyd, M.A., Arlinger, S.,Bentler, A., Boothroyd, A., Dillier, N., Dreschler, W.A., Gagné, P., Lutman, M.,Wouters, J., Wong, L,. Kollmeier, B., (2015). International Collegium of Rehabilitative Audiology (ICRA) recommendations for the construction of multilingual speech tests, International Journal of Audiology, vol. 54. Early Online, pp. 1-6.
- Kishon-Rabin, L. & Boothroyd, A. (2016).The Role of Hearing for Speech and Language Acquisition and Processing. In D. Ravid and A. Baron, (eds): Handbook of Communication Disorders: Theoretical, Empirical, and Applied Linguistic Perspectives. De Gruyter Mouton, Berlin.