See photos from the 2012 White Coat Ceremony! Congratulations to all!
The young tradition continues! On Saturday, May 5, 2012, the Second Annual White Coat Picnic convened at the home of audiology professor Dr. Lori Dreisbach-Hawe and her husband Bill. Hosting nearly 70 students, family members, and friends, attendance was double that of last year’s event. It was again a spectacular tasting of Mexican appetizers, entrÃ©es, and luscious desserts in keeping with the Cinco de Mayo holiday. Under the direction of Chef Lori, sous-chef Bill slaved over the outdoor grill to provide the filling for an abundance of chicken tacos. Dr. Kramer again showed his culinary skills with cheese enchiladas. Olé!
The highlight of the afternoon was the white-coat award ceremony. Each third-year student received a white coat embroidered with his or her name and the professional designation “audiologist.” All begin their fourth and last year of training (externship) in various medical settings. We wish them all an outstanding year of learning, and we look forward to seeing them back here at next year’s graduation. Congratulations and best wishes!
- Allison: Veterans Administration Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA
- Amanda: Providence Speech & Hearing, Orange County, CA
- Anja: Shohet Ear Associates, Orange County, CA
- Collyn: California Ear Institute, Palo Alto, CA
- Emily: Veterans Administration Healthcare System, San Diego, CA
- Imola: Orange County Physicians Hearing Services, Mission Viejo, CA
- Lauren: Veterans Administration Healthcare System, Phoenix, AZ
- Robin: Veterans Administration Healthcare System, San Diego, CA
- Stephani: Veterans Administration Healthcare System, San Diego, CA
- Stephanie: Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital, Palo Alto, CA
- Tom: Pacific Hearing Service, Claremont, CA