This credit program allows students who are planning entry into the SDSU Master of Arts program in Speech-Language Pathology, or a comparable MA program in Speech-Language Pathology, to complete the necessary course prerequisites online (see the MA Applicants With Other Backgrounds (WOB) page).
The SDSU College of Extended Studies SLP Essentials online courses are open to individuals not currently enrolled in an SDSU degree program. Completing SLP Essentials courses does not guarantee entry into any SDSU degree program.
- 8-week online format
- Led by lecturers from SDSU’s SLHS department
Spring 2017 Course Offerings
Registration information coming soon!
- SLHS 300 Introduction to Language Science (3 units; tentative dates: January 23- March 19)
- SLHS 320 Phonetics (3 units; tentative dates: April 3-May 28)
Fall 2017 Course Offerings
- SLHS 305 Hearing Science (3 units)
- SLHS 321 Anatomy and Physiology of Speech (4 units)
The above courses and additional online courses will be offered in the coming terms. Stay tuned!
For More Information
- See the SDSU College of Extended Studies SLP Essentials page for additional information, to register, and to join the interest list.
- Check out the CES Blog, highlighting the SLP Essentials program
last updated: 6/27/2016